The waiting game

So I sit here and I wait. Should I pull out my novel and edit it or will my next patient enter just as I get into it. Maybe I should relax and read a little.

On the drive into work today I was thinking. I need to build my characters more. Make them pop more. Give them little personality quarks.

That got me thinking. What makes us individuals? Not just our looks but what makes us unique. The little faces we make when we don't like something. The sound that you make when you taste something amazing and sweet. The way a girl flips her hair over her shoulder. A guy that rubs the back of his neck while thinking.

All these things make us unique. The question is how do I describe it.

To my writing friends out there I challenge you. Observe someone today and describe their actions in colors, texture, sound, and feel. Make it good.

That is all for today so until next time.

Write on my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maggie Lena Walker

Origins of the Great Depression and its Conclusion

My new start.....